Yesterday we announced My First DAO, a 24-week Learn and Earn program for people who want to participate in and start DAOs. In this blog post, we’re going to break down how Learn and Earn works and why it’s worth participating in.
Here’s how it works:
- To join MFD, you mint an open edition DAOphin NFT. At the end of the 24 weeks, you’ll burn your NFT for a generative version
- Every time you attend a weekly event, you’ll receive a MFD badge (think POAP!)
- The MFD badges act as rarity boosters for the generative NFTs
In short, the more events you attend, the more rare traits your generative NFT will have.
It’s important to us that the MFD community is involved with designing the Learn and Earn program from the very beginning, so we’re excited to involve the group for important decisions on how the program will work.
These decisions include:
- Burn mechanics (how many DAOphins needs to be burned for each generative NFT)
- Naming of the generative collection
- Supply of the generative collection
- Utility of the NFT
- & much more!
In the spirit of web3, MFD community members will also decide what other contributions are worthy of receiving MFD Badges. We trust that the community will properly weigh contributions and allocate the MFD Badges accordingly.
To join My First DAO, mint the DAOphin NFT here: https://mint.myfirstDAO.xyz
The mint is open now until Monday, May 29th at 5pm ET.
With any questions, feel free to reach out to the Upstream team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to My First DAO!
CEO of Upstream